grrrrrr WATD

Idle chit-chat
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules

To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Rexhammer
Tourist
Tourist

grrrrrr WATD

Post by Rexhammer » Apr Fri 18, 2008 8:06 pm

I wanted to listen on the internet to Charles Laquidara tonight on WATD but it isn't working. When I click on their listen live link it times out. grrrrrrrrr :angry:

Hurricane
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: grrrrrr WATD

Post by Hurricane » Apr Fri 18, 2008 9:15 pm

It's been working since I turned it on at 9:00.
"Clipper" will always be in my Heart !!

Neggy
Transient
Transient

Post by Neggy » Apr Sat 19, 2008 12:08 pm

worked for me, listened on the stream, called in and got on at 8:15.

one of the guys on the Radio-Info Boston board recorded it. If he posts the interview clips I'll let you know, If it is something you really want a copy of I'll ask him if he'll send me a CD of it.

Not for nothing but I bet that server was hammered with requests for the stream, everyone and their brother wanted to listen to Charles. I was almost going to ask my favorite WATD sales babe if she'd hang out and give me a tour on friday night.

Last time I saw Charles was sometime in 1978, I was the engineer running the board when he got interviewed at a radio station where I was Chief Engineer. I asked him if he remembered it and he remembered being there but he said he was high as a kite, and that I do remember. God I wish I had a copy of that tape.

Ms. Karaoke
Resident
Resident

Post by Ms. Karaoke » Apr Sat 19, 2008 7:43 pm

Neggy wrote:I was almost going to ask my favorite WATD sales babe if she'd hang out and give me a tour on friday night.
Hey Neggy, I saw your post on the radio info board and was waiting for you to call me. You got my number. Glad to give you a tour any time you're down in Vegas again in trade for a ride on the Harley. 8)
[img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/sae/karaoke.gif[/img]
[color=blue][b]Women might be able to fake orgasms,
but men can fake a whole relationship.[/b]

http://www.959watd.com[/color]

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Apr Sun 20, 2008 6:13 am

Didn't Chuck get arrested for drugging a 16 year old boy and having sex with him, or was that some one else from BCN
Good Dog

Mark Melia
Resident
Resident

Post by Mark Melia » Apr Sun 20, 2008 6:30 am

I think that was Mark Parenteau, I wasn't sure so I googled it and it came up. If I recall correctly he invited a kid over to play video games. That is always the hook, video games. What kind of adult has them, only a predator.

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Apr Sun 20, 2008 8:20 am

That was Mark Parenteau. If you read Aerosmith's autobiography, Walk this Way, he is mentioned quite a bit...

Charles was never slimy in that fashion. I am very bummed I missed the WATD interview. I hope it pops up via streaming somewhere. I was a huge Big Mattress fan...
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Apr Sun 20, 2008 8:58 am

The 70's was a great time for FM radio, BCN and COZ. Both played new great rock music.

I enjoyed the Cosmic Muffin, what a fruitcake. :lol:
Good Dog

Patricia J Reilly
Transient
Transient

Post by Patricia J Reilly » Apr Sun 20, 2008 12:12 pm

And remember Dwayne Ingalls Glasscock? Didn't he take over the radio station once? Remember he had a dog too - Yoop, the Wonderdog.

That was a great show. I didn't know he was going to be on WATD! How did you guys know? I didn't hear it advertised.
Go Bruins!

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Apr Sun 20, 2008 2:12 pm

JIMD wrote:The 70's was a great time for FM radio, BCN and COZ. Both played new great rock music.

I enjoyed the Cosmic Muffin, what a fruitcake. :lol:
Yeah I remember COZ.

The Cosmic Muffin - Darryl Martini, I think it was...I'd forgotten about that. Yeah - he was a waste of airtime.
Scituate BOS, BU Prof and scientist Rick Murray: The only real answer is retreat. I feel for these people...They inherited their house from their great grandmother or spent a lot of money to buy it. But...we are fighting a losing battle with the sea.

Kurt Schluter
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Kurt Schluter » Apr Sun 20, 2008 5:01 pm

I remember listening to the "Album du Jour" every morning about 5 am. I distinctly remember the time the new album was "Presence" by Led Zeppelin. I forgot to turn down my clock radio alarm so at 5 am I got woken up by the crashing opening chords of "Achilles Last Stand"! I was vibrating for the rest of the day! :lol:
Make America Great Again!
Trump/Pence 2016

Kurt Schluter
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Kurt Schluter » Apr Sun 20, 2008 5:05 pm

And remember Dwayne Ingalls Glasscock?
Hello Rangoon!!!!! 8)
Trump/Pence 2016

Neggy
Transient
Transient

Post by Neggy » Apr Sun 20, 2008 7:33 pm

He also did an hour with Adam Chapman (Adam-12) on BCN earlier in the day.

I found out about it a week or so before hand thanks to one of the Boston Radio message boards.

BTW that was Parenteau that got busted for the under aged boy thing. He had been living in Washington and was programming XM radios comedy channels. It was common knowledge Mark was gay, it wasn't common knowledge he liked young boys, although he said the boy told him he was 18. He was relased about a year ago, maybe 2, and was supposedly working in Boston, but there is no mention of him on the SORB. (I checked as soon as I heard he was in town)

JIMD
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by JIMD » Apr Mon 21, 2008 11:49 am

I remember listening to the "Album du Jour" every morning about 5 am. I distinctly remember the time the new album was "Presence" by Led Zeppelin. I forgot to turn down my clock radio alarm so at 5 am I got woken up by the crashing opening chords of "Achilles Last Stand"! I was vibrating for the rest of the day!

That's cool. AHH AAHHHh AAHHHHHYhhhhhh hahhh hahhh HHHHAAA HAAAA HHAAAA HHAAAAAA.....
Good Dog

Kurt Schluter
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Kurt Schluter » Apr Mon 21, 2008 12:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trump/Pence 2016

<JGB>

Post by <JGB> » Apr Thu 24, 2008 6:43 pm

Kurt Schluter wrote:...I was vibrating for the rest of the day!
Kurt, I thought that was something the ladies did... :shock:

Wow! Living in Maine has really changed you... :wink:

JGB

tqhx
Tourist
Tourist

Post by tqhx » Apr Mon 28, 2008 12:48 pm

Mark Melia wrote: video games. What kind of adult has them, only a predator.

My friends and I all play video games. I feel it is becoming pretty common for adults to play as the generation growing up with the first console systems are now adults. Just dont want anyone jumping to conclusions here!

<JGB>

Post by <JGB> » Apr Mon 28, 2008 2:36 pm

tqhx wrote:I feel it is becoming pretty common for adults to play as the generation growing up with the first console systems are now adults....
Yup, I still enjoy playing "Pong" every night...any new games out there yet??

JGB

tqhx
Tourist
Tourist

Post by tqhx » Apr Tue 29, 2008 9:05 am

<JGB> wrote:
tqhx wrote:I feel it is becoming pretty common for adults to play as the generation growing up with the first console systems are now adults....
Yup, I still enjoy playing "Pong" every night...any new games out there yet??

JGB

WORLD OF WARCRAFT :lol: Who needs reality?

Nintendo Wii bowling and pool > Pong =P

<JGB>

Post by <JGB> » Apr Wed 30, 2008 12:12 am

tqhx wrote:WORLD OF WARCRAFT :lol: Who needs reality? Nintendo Wii bowling and pool > Pong =P
:lol: Love the bowling and pool. I did have the original "Pong" back in the day...wish I still had it, may be worth a little something today.

JGB

tqhx
Tourist
Tourist

Post by tqhx » Apr Wed 30, 2008 8:55 am

I live where my father lived for a while and i went into the attic the other day and found a coleco or atari with a ton of games. Pong might be in there :lol:

If not there is definitely burgertime!

amused
Transient
Transient

Post by amused » May Wed 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Duane Glasscock and his dog Yoop and Carlos the computer - now that was radio. Stern isn't worthy to lick Chuckaluckaducka's feet!! remember Charles lockindoora?

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » May Fri 16, 2008 10:10 pm

amused wrote:Duane Glasscock and his dog Yoop and Carlos the computer - now that was radio. Stern isn't worthy to lick Chuckaluckaducka's feet!! remember Charles lockindoora?
I am not a computer...I am HUUUMAAAN!

Yeah, Charles was great. There were a lot of great characters at 'BCN back then.

I like Stern too - you really can't compare the two (it's Dopie and Anthony that I despise). But yeah - Charles was a one-of-the kind original.

XtremeCarpetCleaning
Resident
Resident

Post by XtremeCarpetCleaning » May Mon 19, 2008 7:16 am

Xtreme Carpet Cleaning
Steam cleaning
"Dries in Minutes NOT Hours"
781-837-5930
http://WWW.25dollarsaroom.com

Big Al
Resident
Resident

Post by Big Al » May Sun 25, 2008 5:56 am

Here's a story that tells about what transpired.
http://amyvanaarem.wordpress.com/2008/0 ... s-reunite/

Stevord
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Stevord » Mar Sun 27, 2011 12:32 pm

Hey there,

I know this a pretty old thread but i was doing a search for the spelling of "Yoop" the dog from WBCN and stumbled upon this forum.

I have been recently uploading to Youtube, a TON of old WBCN radio shows/segments with Duane, the Big Mattress and other stuff from the early 1980s. Just wanted to share the link in case you wanted to re-live some of the good old days of Boston Radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlxsDR1U540

Enjoy!

Stevo

mike gibbons
Visitor
Visitor

Post by mike gibbons » Mar Mon 28, 2011 4:11 pm

I wonder how many people realize that the legendary Sam Kopper - now at WATD - was C. Laquidera's predecessor as the morning drive time man on WBCN. That was when it was a groundbreaking underground station with Kopper, Tommy Hadges, Saxaphone Joe, Maxine Satori (?), Mississippi Fats, Eric in the Evening, Danny Scheacter the News Dissector, et al. Charles was a more entertaining "Personality" than the above, the type of morning Drive time Talent that is needed to develop into into a major market player. Kopper's show on Friday nights 7-10 is excellent. great ear for music

Bridges
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Bridges » Mar Mon 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Is that Sam's Jams? I listen to that sometimes. That is a good show...

mike gibbons
Visitor
Visitor

Post by mike gibbons » Mar Tue 29, 2011 11:31 am

Bridges wrote:Is that Sam's Jams? I listen to that sometimes. That is a good show...
It is.