Building Commissioner

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
Lifetime
Tourist
Tourist

Building Commissioner

Post by Lifetime » Sep Sun 03, 2017 3:59 pm

What's going on with the Building Commissioner?

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Re: Building Commissioner

Post by Joseph » Sep Mon 04, 2017 11:42 am

The longer he stays in that position in THIS town, the dirtier he will get.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Wed 06, 2017 7:02 pm

What ever are you talking about now? Pls explain yourselves. We cannot read between your lines. Of course, you will not respond to my questions, no doubt.

Lifetime
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Lifetime » Sep Fri 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Word around Town Hall is the Building Commissioner is gone and so is the facilities Manager. The list just keeps getting longer.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Fri 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Interesting.Called the dept yesterday looking for some advice with a problem and of course he was out according to woman answering the phone for the dept.Found it strange she wanted to just transfer me to another dept rather than have the building inspector call me back.Even more interesting was when i was transfered to this other dept,the man said well thank you for telling me you were transfered from the building dept!??? :shock:

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Fri 08, 2017 7:42 pm

What???? How can this happen? does anyone know?

Lifetime
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Lifetime » Sep Sat 09, 2017 8:25 am

On Administrative Leave, then resigned.

Noel Harrison
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Noel Harrison » Sep Sat 09, 2017 9:17 am

So is the rock star out?

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Sat 09, 2017 8:02 pm

Lifetime wrote:
Sep Sat 09, 2017 8:25 am
On Administrative Leave, then resigned.
Well isn't that interesting?Nobody mentioned that when I called.How long has he been out?And we are just finding this out now!Great.Of course I am sure he was out on PAID leave! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Mon 11, 2017 9:34 am

The residents need to know what happened.
Did the building commissioner break any rules or laws?
Did he refuse to carry out the agenda?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Mon 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Joseph wrote:
Sep Mon 11, 2017 9:34 am
The residents need to know what happened.
Did the building commissioner break any rules or laws?
Did he refuse to carry out the agenda?
Yes,the residents should know but seems like we are always the last ones to know!!Unless it makes it to the papers which is only because it involves a criminal issue.Then of course we never find out the end results.

So do we know if this involves the facilities manager too as was mentioned here???Be nice to know as someone who pays their salaries???And who is minding the depts in the meantime???

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Mon 11, 2017 8:19 pm

Neil Duggan retired building commissioner from Scituate will start this Wednesday, part time, 15 hrs. a week, @$36/hr. (per tonight's BOS meeting).

does anyone know what is going on with facilities manager position? is Brian Adams in or out?

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Mon 18, 2017 7:47 pm

disappointed not to hear any further discussion on this topic. someone asked a question, so must have been curious. I answered to the best of my knowledge. thought this was what you wanted to know.
I'm sorry to see Jerry O'Neill go. don't know why he left. does anyone know? Gene Guimond at Planning not so happy, b/c now more responsibility falls on his shoulders, on flood map issues in particular. the secretary of that group made a plea at the end of the last meeting stating her fears about the Charter Commission changing the rules to making the Planning Board an appointed board in town, which might mean she would lose her job, if I understood it correctily. does anyone else besides me listen to these meetings on MCTV? or attend the meetings?

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Sep Tue 19, 2017 8:01 am

Seahag,
I can't speak for everyone else. I am focused on other issues in town so any info you can share with us would be appreciated.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Tue 19, 2017 11:21 am

Seahag wrote:
Sep Mon 18, 2017 7:47 pm
disappointed not to hear any further discussion on this topic. someone asked a question, so must have been curious. I answered to the best of my knowledge. thought this was what you wanted to know.
I'm sorry to see Jerry O'Neill go. don't know why he left. does anyone know? Gene Guimond at Planning not so happy, b/c now more responsibility falls on his shoulders, on flood map issues in particular. the secretary of that group made a plea at the end of the last meeting stating her fears about the Charter Commission changing the rules to making the Planning Board an appointed board in town, which might mean she would lose her job, if I understood it correctily. does anyone else besides me listen to these meetings on MCTV? or attend the meetings?
I didn't start this thread but appreciate the info on the building commissioner.As I said,I had called the dept with a question/problem and was not told he was gone.Have no idea why he left?I do wish we get someone full time into that position.To many building issues going on in town to not have someone full time to keep an eye on them.

I have talked to Gene and assistant on another matter a year ago.I know how they feel but won't go into it on here.I know this charter changing talk is upsetting to a lot of people in other depts as well.They don't want ANY elected anything in town.Like the DPW board for example.They want to appoint THEIR people.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Tue 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Makes the job of the ZBA that much harder. So much is on their plate right now. What a mess this town is in.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Sep Tue 19, 2017 8:36 pm

I can't speak to other items on zba plate, but to what I see about Modera project (40B) I do not believe the lack of full time building commissioner at this time would be a reason to allow that project to be approved as currently proposed.

Noel Harrison
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Noel Harrison » Sep Wed 20, 2017 11:02 am

Greg Guimond is the town planner, Gene is his brother

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Wed 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Right, I knew that!

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Fri 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Actually, Eric, both the Planning Board and the ZBA are impacted by our not having a Building Commissioner on board at this time. And I think you are entirely disrespectful of both boards who are volunteers who serve on these boards week after week and sometimes late into the night, as was the ZBA board a week or so ago when hearing the applicant and audience on the Modera proposal, and another dicey neighborhood proposal on Bay Ave.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Sep Fri 22, 2017 8:21 pm

I must have missed something. How am I disrespectful?

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Sat 23, 2017 6:11 pm

The boat. You missed the boat.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Sep Sun 24, 2017 2:16 am

The boat I missed was the one I should have put you on for a one way trip.
So, how am I disrespectful to the boards?

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Sun 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Eric K wrote:
Sep Sun 24, 2017 2:16 am
The boat I missed was the one I should have put you on for a one way trip.
So, how am I disrespectful to the boards?
Like a lot of 'anti-government naysayers' you ask questions that make THEM look bad

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Mon 25, 2017 11:16 pm

People on these town boards should know what they are getting into before accepting a position.If they don't know how many hrs they will have to put in a week that's on them for not asking.Last I checked nobody is forcing them to be on a board.

I helped coach many sports teams in town rec leagues because I had the time.If I didn't have the time it took to practice many times a week and go to the games,I would not have done it.Nobody paid me either.And believe me you take a whole lot more crap from parents than a couple of questions from a taxpayer!That is why I get sick and tired of hearing these board members are "volunteers" and need to be put on some pedestal!!!

Back to the building commissioner,nobody still knows why he left.I still haven't heard on the facility manager either!From what I heard from people who work in the buildings he is supposed to be supervising,they have never seen him!!Even when roofs are leaking and boilers had problems.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Sep Tue 26, 2017 9:12 am

For more insight on how The Party's patronage network operates, watch to see where these people end up for their next position.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Tue 26, 2017 9:26 am

Joseph wrote:
Sep Tue 26, 2017 9:12 am
For more insight on how The Party's patronage network operates, watch to see where these people end up for their next position.
Oh,I know!It is like musical chairs!!!

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Tue 26, 2017 9:27 am

Carson wrote:
Sep Tue 26, 2017 9:26 am
Joseph wrote:
Oh,I know!It is like musical chairs!!!But is someone like Joe Rossi wanted to get on a board,he needed more seasoning!!!Gotta love it!!!! :roll:

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Tue 26, 2017 9:28 am

Carson wrote:
Sep Tue 26, 2017 9:27 am
Carson wrote:
Sep Tue 26, 2017 9:26 am
Joseph wrote:
Oh,I know!It is like musical chairs!!!But if someone like Joe Rossi wanted to get on a board,he needed more seasoning!!!Gotta love it!!!! :roll:

Noel Harrison
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Noel Harrison » Sep Tue 26, 2017 4:37 pm

It wasn't seasoning for Mr. Rossi it was that a certain BOS member hated him and viewed him as a threat.

No one's ever said why the building commissioner left and why he was believed to be dirty. I just got the impression he just ticked everyone in town off. As for The Facilities Manager I get the impression he couldn't take the mess they put him into and found a less stressful and better paying job elsewhere. He was serving two masters (Town Hall and the School Department) who both wanted him to do different things and they had him acting as more of a project manager on projects in the pipeline instead of addressing the current facilities.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Tue 26, 2017 7:18 pm

What board did Joe Rossi want to get on?
Those are pretty strong words to say someone on the BOS 'hated' him. Why in the world would they 'hate' him? He's done so much for the townspeople in helping them sort out the flood insurance issues.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Sep Wed 27, 2017 10:08 am

Noel Harrison wrote:
Sep Tue 26, 2017 4:37 pm
It wasn't seasoning for Mr. Rossi it was that a certain BOS member hated him and viewed him as a threat.

No one's ever said why the building commissioner left and why he was believed to be dirty. I just got the impression he just ticked everyone in town off. As for The Facilities Manager I get the impression he couldn't take the mess they put him into and found a less stressful and better paying job elsewhere. He was serving two masters (Town Hall and the School Department) who both wanted him to do different things and they had him acting as more of a project manager on projects in the pipeline instead of addressing the current facilities.
I never had a bad impression of him but never seemed dirty.I don't know him that well.What I do know is maybe he was doing his JOB and they didn't like that???Better question might be is who did he tick off????

The Facilities manager seemed he couldn't handle the job from day one.Pretty bad when at TM he was asked questions and he wasn't allowed to get up and answer them.I've asked school people,who work in the schools that had roof issues and boiler problems, if he was ever seen.They have never seen him?

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » Sep Wed 27, 2017 11:06 am

Seahag wrote:
Sep Tue 26, 2017 7:18 pm
Those are pretty strong words to say someone on the BOS 'hated' him. Why in the world would they 'hate' him? He's done so much for the townspeople in helping them sort out the flood insurance issues.
Joe Rossi wanted to get on the Advisory board and I think it was the chairman Keith Polanski who made the remark about needing more “seasoning”. On the other hand I guess being the daughter of the ex town council passes for seasoning.

Noel Harrison
Visitor
Visitor

Post by Noel Harrison » Sep Wed 27, 2017 11:30 am

Seahag wrote:
Sep Tue 26, 2017 7:18 pm
It was a BOS member who has/had aspirations of climbing the political ladder and viewed Joe as a threat to his rise. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Joe as a person and the work he's done

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Sep Thu 28, 2017 8:59 am

I don't get why Joe Rossi would want to get on the Advisory Board. doesn't seem that's where his talent lies. Planning Board, maybe, but not Advisory.

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » Sep Thu 28, 2017 9:53 am

Seahag wrote:
Sep Thu 28, 2017 8:59 am
I don't get why Joe Rossi would want to get on the Advisory Board. doesn't seem that's where his talent lies. Planning Board, maybe, but not Advisory.
This happened a few years ago so who knows if he would even be interested now.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Sep Thu 28, 2017 2:33 pm

Joe Rossi is not a resident of Marshfield.

Swamp Yankee
Resident
Resident

Post by Swamp Yankee » Sep Thu 28, 2017 3:33 pm

Eric K wrote:
Sep Thu 28, 2017 2:33 pm
Joe Rossi is not a resident of Marshfield.
Didn’t know he had moved out of town. That settles that question then :!: