Humarock beach Closed to July 3-4 celebration?

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Re: Humarock beach Closed to July 3-4 celebration?

Post by bobkat » Jul Sun 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Seahag wrote:
Jul Sun 09, 2017 12:39 pm
Good for you. Now you want me to go to another beach in Marshfield and not go to Humarock beach??? What is wrong with you? Why does anyone bother to try to have a conversation on this forum, there is no back and forth allowed.

I was not asking to sit on someone's porch, or God forbid their seawall, which isn't theirs either, or go on their private sand.

I object to the Town of Scituate closing the public beach at 4:30 pm on the 3rd of July, thereby making it nearly impossible to watch the fireworks display that we have watched for many years. Who does that, unless they really think they are so much better than anyone else.
Seahag you know fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts and so you are watching an illegal event .You are part of the problem. I know what the Scituate Police did was the right thing to do. What was it 30 or 40 years a Selectman James Robinson got it that fires on the beach were illegal . Why didn't you fight that?

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jul Mon 10, 2017 4:39 pm

On to Cincinnati.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Jul Tue 11, 2017 11:32 am

Massachusetts residents have every right to be wary of a decision making process which increasingly leaves them out of the equation. On July 3rd we saw Scituate spring a curfew at the last moment in answer to a perceived problem with no public discussion whatsoever. Here in Marshfield we're experiencing zoning anomalies which also should have been brought up and resolved at Town Meeting. These are related matters. We are slowly being squeezed of our ability to control, by consensus, what is going on around us.

These days you rarely get onto any public board without displaying some degree of loyalty to the Democratic (free stuff) Party. To get an idea what that means we need only take a look at the power grabbing shananigans at state level government - particularly within the state AG's office. Then look at what is happening in all our major cities. State's rights will increasingly becomes an issue, spurred on by our own Maura Healey and a few others. The coming sanctuary state she wants will put us in a condition resembling what we see today in Europe. The difference for us will be less federal funding as blue states pull away - but the nanny state programs will remain. That, in turn, means taxes through the roof. We will no longer be able to own property here. It is what happened in Europe and it will happen here in a short amount of time. One party rule is still just a dictatorship by committee

Politics doesn't happen in a vacuum. These things happening around us seem like small matters but they are really indications of what is going down in a much larger sphere. Remember the Scituate July 3-4 curfew when you go to vote for Town Charter reform or any matter which asks you to give up control. There is more to it than what it appears
On to Cincinnati.
I hear ya. What a shame. We should be able to afford to retire here.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Jul Tue 11, 2017 3:35 pm

You can retire here just not in your home.
The dems in town want our seniors out of there houses and into a senior care center so they can move the next family in and squeeze as much out of them as they can.
Just like to design of the flood maps. The nerve of those in the middle class owning a home by the ocean and having beach access. Knock down those homes and go tall. Million dollar condos with control of most of the water front.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Jul Tue 11, 2017 9:04 pm

Eric K wrote:
Jul Tue 11, 2017 3:35 pm
The dems in town want our seniors out of there houses and into a senior care center so they can move the next family in and squeeze as much out of them as they can.
Just like to design of the flood maps. The nerve of those in the middle class owning a home by the ocean and having beach access. Knock down those homes and go tall. Million dollar condos with control of most of the water front.

I know it is legal but put down the joint and left your brain clear . Do you know what party do the Scituate selectmen belong to. The flood maps were not design by the town .

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Jul Wed 12, 2017 2:15 am

Inhaling......
Now holding in......
Exhaling........
That was a good hit.
Actually I don't but I am basing it on this state and the majority party that supposedly represent us.
They may not be designed by town(s) but I would bet that some if not all those in leadership positions would like to build out and up if they could.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Jul Fri 14, 2017 7:42 am

You may be on to something. I just wonder where this "next family" you speak of is going to come from. It's going to take a lot of warm bodies to fill all those high rises they're throwing up now in places like East Boston. Are there enough seniors? You get the feeling they will become less and less particular when things get rolling around here. I guess one hand washes the other.
Last edited by Vlad_Rap on Jul Fri 14, 2017 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Jul Fri 14, 2017 7:56 am

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Jul Fri 14, 2017 7:42 am
You may be on to something. I just wonder where this "next family" is going to come from. It's going to take a lot of warm bodies to fill all those high rises they're throwing up now in places like East Boston. You get the feeling they will become less and less particular. Well, I guess one hand washes the other.
Not to encourage drift off topic but...

What do you think the demographics and political affiliation of the future inhabitants of the hundreds of apartments in the PMUD (Behind Roche Bros.) will be? The political affiliation of the residents of the Beacon 40B turned out to be heavily Democrat.

So, do you think that Rep. Jim Cantwell(D) and his followers are really going to be that concerned about the impacts of the high-density developments on the town, the taxpayers and the environment? The shifting demographics will help keep the Democrats and their 'friends' in local government in power.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Jul Fri 14, 2017 8:02 am

Not to encourage drift off topic but...
Not so sure my post, or yours, was really so far off topic.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jul Fri 14, 2017 2:54 pm

what does the demographics of the Beacon properties or the proposed development behind Roche Bros. or Jim Cantwell and the Democratic party have to do with Humarock Beach being closed on the 3rd of July?

and as for Eric's reply on the inhaling and exhaling - I hope it was some sort of Kellyanne Conway answer and not what he does, otherwise if I didn't already seriously question the sensibilities of his remarks, I am now assured that he's gone.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Jul Sun 16, 2017 2:36 pm

what does the demographics of the Beacon properties or the proposed development behind Roche Bros. or Jim Cantwell and the Democratic party have to do with Humarock Beach being closed on the 3rd of July?

Let me get Mr. Whoopee's 3-D BB - or maybe I can borrow a 'white board' from the $110 Million high school to draw you a picture.

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jul Sun 16, 2017 9:01 pm

sorry Joe, this is so such a non-answer to my question. who is Mr. Whoopee and his 3-D BB? you seem to speak in some sort of code that I am supposed to understand, or somehow I'm stupid. So, instead of your non-answer, pls produce Mr. Whoopee and his 3-D BB so I know what you are talking about.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Jul Thu 20, 2017 7:42 pm

You can take explanations at face value or you can realize how ostensibly small things like the the July 3rd and 4th curfew can become precedent in court for opportunistic developers with lots of money to change our towns forever.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Jul Fri 21, 2017 1:58 am

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Jul Thu 20, 2017 7:42 pm
You can take explanations at face value or you can realize how ostensibly small things like the the July 3rd and 4th curfew can become precedent in court for opportunistic developers with lots of money to change our towns forever.

Vlad_Rap sorry but Humarock is not part of Marshfield . So your answer does not answer Seahag question.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Jul Sat 22, 2017 8:37 am

Vlad_Rap sorry but Humarock is not part of Marshfield . So your answer does not answer Seahag question.
Huh? So if I left out the quote and posted my statement only the post would have been all right?
OK - here goes...
"You can take explanations at face value or you can realize how ostensibly small things like the the July 3rd and 4th curfew can become precedent in court for opportunistic developers with lots of money to change our towns forever."

I'd like to add that as inconsequential things like the curfew may seen, and whether it was intended initially as part of some plan or not, if there is a buck to be made from it someone will try. Most times they could not possibly care less if what they want to do is for the good of the town or not. Their lawyers may argue what they want to do , like high rise condos on the beach for example, may be a sacrifice for the people of the town but its good for the world - and so is worthy of government $ubsidies (40Bs.) Its just a matter of time.

"Good for the world" means making the United States more like the European Union - open and defenseless - starting with the blue states, of course.

Our first defense is to know it when it comes.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Jul Sat 22, 2017 9:44 am

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Jul Sat 22, 2017 8:37 am

I'd like to add that as inconsequential things like the curfew may seen, and whether it was intended initially as part of some plan or not, if there is a buck to be made from it someone will try. Most times they could not possibly care less if what they want to do is for the good of the town or not. Their lawyers may argue what they want to do , like high rise condos on the beach for example, may be a sacrifice for the people of the town but its good for the world - and so is worthy of government $ubsidies (40Bs.) Its just a matter of time.
Vlad_Rap your posting here shows you have no understanding how a 40 B comes to life. I can promise you there will be no high rise condos built on the beach in Humarock. Question is 40b base on income and if so what is it.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Jul Sat 22, 2017 5:19 pm

bobkat wrote:
Jul Sat 22, 2017 9:44 am
Vlad_Rap wrote:

Vlad_Rap your posting here shows you have no understanding how a 40 B comes to life. I can promise you there will be no high rise condos built on the beach in Humarock. Question is 40b base on income and if so what is it.

There will be attempts to push for high-rise buildings (4 stories+) on the shore. The limit on floors was three (3) when the proponents for the 'assisted living facility' in the PMUD behind Roche Bros showed up. They wanted and got four (4) stories.
David Palotta wanted to put a multi-floor 40B on Pier 44 in Scituate.

There will always be someone trying to push for high-rise buildings. Eventually, I believe it will happen if people get frustrated and give up. And with the way town meeting has been run and the way the ZBA and Conservation Commission act - the people are more frustrated or, simply don't know what is happening with the de facto re-zoning of the town.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Jul Sat 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Good job vlad rap.
Esp. pointing out the the asst. living facility.
Supposedly the z.b.a. told Modera that the 40b they want to build needs to be limited to 2 1/2 stories. How does the town have an argument when asst. living facility is 4 stories?

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Jul Sat 22, 2017 7:34 pm

Excuse me on last post.
It was Joseph to make that good point.

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Jul Sat 22, 2017 7:39 pm

Not to say vlad rap has made a good point also.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Jul Sat 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Joseph wrote:
Jul Sat 22, 2017 5:19 pm
bobkat wrote:
Jul Sat 22, 2017 9:44 am
Vlad_Rap wrote:

There will be attempts to push for high-rise buildings (4 stories+) on the shore. The limit on floors was three (3) when the proponents for the 'assisted living facility' in the PMUD behind Roche Bros showed up. They wanted and got four (4) stories.
David Palotta wanted to put a multi-floor 40B on Pier 44 in Scituate.

There will always be someone trying to push for high-rise buildings. Eventually, I believe it will happen if people get frustrated and give up. And with the way town meeting has been run and the way the ZBA and Conservation Commission act - the people are more frustrated or, simply don't know what is happening with the de facto re-zoning of the town.
So Joseph you say they are going to build buildings that are over 4 stories high on the beach in Humarock. Who is going to pay for the infrastructure that would be needed to do this in Humarock. Also you jump in to throw your 2 cents in but we have not heard from Vlad_Rap or I would even throw in Eric K if they really know what a 40b is. Another thing beside where Roche Brothers is .How many other areas are zoned in Marshfield are PMUDS. You sound just Donald Trump speaking to his low information supported with not the complete truth. You got to stop comparing apples to oranges and take out the sour grape from your mouth.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jul Sun 23, 2017 7:33 am

affordable is income between 70-80% of area median income.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Jul Sun 23, 2017 2:26 pm

bobkat- I did not say that high-rise buildings would be specifically be in Humarock. But. then again. why not?
You know about wastewater treatment systems so - that surely is not the impediment.
As for the PMUD - I think it is a foregone conclusion that there will be another push to run a sewer line up 139 and into that area.
The tax revenue potential makes the urban-expansionists (Smart Growth cult.), and Democrats drool in anticipation of high-rise and high density development.
Last edited by Joseph on Jul Sun 23, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Jul Sun 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Seahag wrote:
Jul Sun 23, 2017 7:33 am
affordable is income between 70-80% of area median income.
Seahag from your postings I always knew you knew what the income amounts was. But the other part of 40b be is that these projects could be built in an area that goes against the local zoning laws. Question do you believe that we will see high rises built in Humarock and if so who is going to pay for the infrastructure improvements need to go forward.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Jul Sun 23, 2017 2:31 pm

Joseph wrote:
Jul Sun 23, 2017 2:26 pm
bobkat- I did not say that high-rise buildings would be specifically be in Humarock. But. then again. why not?
You know about wastewater treatment systems so - that surely is not the impediment.
As for the PMUD - I think it is a foregone conclusion that there will be another push to run a sewer line up 139 and into that area.
The tax revenue potential makes the urban-expansionists (Smart Growth cult.), and Democrats drool in anticipation of high-rise and high density development.
Joseph you are so wrong. You do know that running a sewer line up rt 139 can not happen without meeting all the other requirements for the treatment plant. Also who is going to pay for a treatment plant to be built in Humarock ? So high rises can be built.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jul Sun 23, 2017 3:06 pm

no. only place to put one would be on the Davis's property and I think that has been proposed, but shot down b/c of the septic issue there. Humarock is a peninsula with Atlantic Ocean on one side and South River on the other. not like Nantasket with a wide boulevard between land and sea. Brant Rock pretty much the same, but salt marsh on the other side of the Ocean. #-O I don't know, I'm not a town or city planner!

As for Joseph's remarks about our town and the Modera project, has he even bothered to watch the Planning Dept. meetings on this? They are against the density of the project and seriously question the traffic impact and water issues. They have another meeting scheduled, but Modera has asked for more time to come back with revised plans. #-O

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Jul Sun 23, 2017 3:19 pm

If there was to be a treatment plant built you can bet you the taxpayer will be paying for it not the developer(s).

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Jul Sun 23, 2017 3:45 pm

This quote is the point. 40B is just one of many ways the party of free stuff goes about using an outwardly noble cause to create dependence for the poor and reward loyalty to its insider elite. Focusing on 40B minutia is just an attempt at diversion from the real issue.

Bobkat always was a company man.
If there was to be a treatment plant built you can bet you the taxpayer will be paying for it not the developer(s).
That is the real reason 40B exists. But this one party state has so many scams.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Jul Sun 23, 2017 4:51 pm

Eric K wrote:
Jul Sun 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Eric K so first if there was to be a treatment plant to be built . Where would they put it since Humarock is built out . Tell me why would the town of Scituate pay for a treatment plant that is only going to service Humarock. If Humarock ever became a all year round neighbor .Then having a treatment plant would be a good idea . You would have to pay for it through the rate users.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Jul Sun 23, 2017 4:54 pm

Vlad_Rap wrote:
Jul Sun 23, 2017 3:45 pm
This quote is the point. 40B is just one of many ways the party of free stuff goes about using an outwardly noble cause to create dependence for the poor and reward loyalty to its insider elite. Focusing on 40B minutia is just an attempt at diversion from the real issue.

Bobkat always was a company man.
That is the real reason 40B exists. But this one party state has so many scams.

Vald_Rap your post is so far off the mark. 40b is not for the poor.So you have no idea what you are talking about.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jul Sun 23, 2017 8:07 pm

right bobcat. 40b is not for the poor. what do they not get? it is intended for folks who make 60-70% of the median income, which in Marshfield I think is $142,000. people like teachers (maybe!) and blue collar workers who work hard. go figure it out for yourself or they can figure it out for themselves, but they don't want to anyway, so what is the point of arguing?
they only want to bash anything and everything that the "regime" (their term, or Joe's terminology) proposes.
and what the heck is Eric talking about in Humarock? a wastewater treatment plant??? Eric doesn't even know how to get to Humarock, that's how much he knows about the matter!

Eric K
Transient
Transient

Post by Eric K » Jul Mon 24, 2017 2:17 am

Bobcat,
Your the one who brought up a treatment plant.
I just gave a response to your question.
Like the other one who is on this post I am giving up on you as well. There is just no point in carrying out a conversation with you two.

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jul Mon 24, 2017 8:48 am

who cares?! :lol: 8)

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Jul Mon 24, 2017 4:45 pm

The problem is not 40B. 40B, as it is being used today, is a symptom. The problem is over reach on all levels of government mostly by a desperate Democratic party with no platform - nothing to contribute - but who cannot give up the power, control , influence they still think they deserve. 40B is just one tool of that failed party and is not the point of this thread.

Seemingly small things like the July 3rd and 4th curfew - the back room airport re-zoning - the takeover of a sidewalk by a downtown restaurant - the push for a strong town manager- etc , just on a local level, are indications of a dying party who's officials are sure your individual rights are their worst enemy.

You can see from some of the posts on this thread the twists, and lies, distortions, exaggerations and boasts they are ready to resort to.
Here a poster is not only claiming he can read my mind but he can also see into the future and can guarantee future events. As godlike as he may want to appear that statement is really just an indication of a troll .

The Party of Free Things can no longer deliver on any level on government and panic is setting in. Never a pretty sight

Seahag
Transient
Transient

Post by Seahag » Jul Wed 26, 2017 4:50 pm

My apologizes to bobcat, I was only replying to Eric's post for myself. Eric always has an excuse for why he responds the way he does, and it's always the other guys fault, something like Trump! And then he doesn't like it, so he picks up his marbles and says he's not going to play anymore, like a kid. Anyway, I don't like being called "that other one", I have a name just like everybody else on this forum. Let's at least try to play fair.