election

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

election

Post by bobkat » Apr Mon 17, 2017 5:10 pm

With the election just around the corner. Does anyone know much about the people running for office of selectmen? What I have read in the paper not sure who to vote for. Steve Robbins is running for the Board of Public Works. That makes no sense to me. Isn't he one of the selectmen that wants to eliminate this board. I would like to hear from some other people on this election.

Seahag
Tourist
Tourist

Re: election

Post by Seahag » Apr Tue 18, 2017 9:58 am

You can watch Jonathan Grabowski's interviews with all four candidates for Selectman on MCTV. Also on MCTV was an interview with WATD and all four candidates on Vimeo. The Marshfield Mariner had a question and answer from all four candidates in the latest paper.

Carson
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by Carson » Apr Tue 18, 2017 10:14 am

bobkat wrote:With the election just around the corner. Does anyone know much about the people running for office of selectmen? What I have read in the paper not sure who to vote for. Steve Robbins is running for the Board of Public Works. That makes no sense to me. Isn't he one of the selectmen that wants to eliminate this board. I would like to hear from some other people on this election.
That's the whole reason they're running him.No secret they have been trying to eliminate the DPW board for years now.

Eric K
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Eric K » Apr Fri 21, 2017 2:25 am

The other reason Steve Robbins is probably running for D.P.W. Is the fact that he may either want to control how the forensic audit is done on enterprise accounts or not have the audit not done at all.
You can also catch interviews of candidates on Mctv shows such as The Open Chair.
Go to Mctv website and click on recent shows. Talk of the Town may have interviews as well. I don't think Control Room had any local candidate interviews. You can check though.

Seahag
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Seahag » Apr Fri 21, 2017 1:54 pm

Tonight at 9 pm on MCTV Public Channel - Chamber of Commerce Marshfield Selectmen Candidates Forum, all four candidates.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Apr Fri 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Is the candidates forum going to be on the web as I don't get local channels

Eric K
Tourist
Tourist

Post by Eric K » Apr Fri 21, 2017 10:25 pm

Yes,
You can go to Mctv website or google Mctv vimeo and catch it on that. I watched it and I think you'll find it informing.

Vlad_Rap
Transient
Transient

Post by Vlad_Rap » Apr Sat 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Shouldn't we just vote for the guy with the most signs out?

clover
Resident
Resident

Post by clover » Apr Sat 22, 2017 6:58 pm

Carson wrote:That's the whole reason they're running him.No secret they have been trying to eliminate the DPW board for years now.
Eric K wrote:The other reason Steve Robbins is probably running for D.P.W. Is the fact that he may either want to control how the forensic audit is done on enterprise accounts or not have the audit not done at all.
Not only does Steve Robbins want to eliminate the BOPW, and eliminate the audit that would expose the hundreds of thousands of dollars of incorrect charges that ran through the water, sewer, and trash accounts while he was selectman, but he wants to shut John Cusick up. Do you think John C. will get to be Chairman of the BOPW? Did you see Steve Robbins' last BOS meeting? That teddy bear Jim Fitzgerald, and his rattlesnake sidekick Mike Bradley presented Steve Robbins with a little sledgehammer that might be useful at BOPW meetings. ...Oh...what a funny funny joke it was.

These guys can't possibly fit any more ego into their heads, can they? Yeah right, John Cusick is the problem. And the people who talk at Town Meeting are the problem. Recently the selectmen have left important discussions about zoning, a conservation restriction, the debt override ballot vote, and the permanent building committee off their agendas. They've never voted to hire the Abrahams Group that taxpayers have paid about $200,000. The Town's selectmen have kept quiet the financial mess. They stand aside as illegal financial transactions take place or zoning games get played. They allow slyly worded Articles to go to Town Meeting. They build a bigger and bigger town budget every year while allowing certain town officials to cry poverty. ...But they're the Good Guys, right?
bobkat wrote:With the election just around the corner. Does anyone know much about the people running for office of selectmen? What I have read in the paper not sure who to vote for. Steve Robbins is running for the Board of Public Works. That makes no sense to me. Isn't he one of the selectmen that wants to eliminate this board. I would like to hear from some other people on this election.
Bobkat, you know who to vote for. You're a Team Player who would like to continue the funny funny joke of taking a sledgehammer to the voices of anyone who questions or stands in the way of the ruling clique. Joe Kelleher is your man.

To watch the selectmen, click below. Start at about 9:30 to get to the big laugh.
https://vimeo.com/212834134

BTW, Bobkat, back last summer, I told the Zoning Board that I didn't understand the wording of the Harbormaster project public notice where it showed a singular Special Permit, but for two sections of the bylaw. Chairman Joe Kelleher got offended by my comment/questioning and accused me of accusing him of doing something sneaky. I apologized for offending him and told him I was not implying anything but was merely asking for clarification...which I never got. ...It turns out, bobkat, that there WAS something sneaky going on, and in the formal ZBA Decision it is clearly written that Special Permits (plural) were issued, yet the ZBA still did not name the use of one of the Permits. The use was only verbally discussed very briefly (for less than one minute) during the deliberations and the use is that of a marina /boatyard. That's how we have come to have a public marina (with a building that is not allowed in the zone) in Marshfield, and that is the way Joe Kelleher operates. As I said before, Joe Kelleher is your man.

bobkat
Pinnacle
Pinnacle

Post by bobkat » Apr Sat 22, 2017 7:43 pm

clover wrote: Bobkat Joe Kelleher is your man.

First Joe Kelleher is not my man. But I did watch the video and Kelleher reinforced my belief in his opening statement .He started off that he has lived in Marshfield since 1997. Does he get a gold star for that. Because if he thinks he is now a townie .He got a lot to learn. Also John Cusick is a good friend of mine . I am not part of the team and John Cusick will tell you that . Just ask him or anyone how I took on Jeb Deloach .He hire a lawyer to sue me and I told the lawyer please do. They didn't dare after I pointed out the laws and I filed a complaint with the state. Jeb Deloach step down and thats how we got Dave Carrier as DPW Director. So again Kelleher is not my guy . Clover you should talk to John Cusick about where I stand . If the town votes to change the charter to get rid of the DPW. I will then push to form a Marshfield Water,Sewer, and Solid Waste Commission . This commission would be under an elected board of Commissioners. Never should utility money be mixed with tax money. A Commission run correctly would be able to stand on it's own.

clover
Resident
Resident

Post by clover » Apr Sat 22, 2017 8:04 pm

bobkat wrote:
clover wrote: Bobkat Joe Kelleher is your man.
First Joe Kelleher is not my man. But I did watch the video and Kelleher reinforced my belief in his opening statement .He started off that he has lived in Marshfield since 1997. Does he get a gold star for that. Because if he thinks he is now a townie .He got a lot to learn. Also John Cusick is a good friend of mine . I am not part of the team and John Cusick will tell you that . ... ...
Bobkat, my post was a little jab at you and was a little tongue-in-cheek. :lol: How is it we're both good friends of Mr. Cusick, and you admit to some "anti-government naysaying" but you appear to hate me so much? Doesn't make sense does it?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that every time I comment on the disrespect that some town officials dish out to the public, you disagree with me. If you're not a Team Player, then you're disagreeing doesn't make sense. It's nice to know, though, that we are in agreement on Joe Kelleher.

I'm voting for Keane. Maher does not appear to know enough and could not follow along in a recent Planning Board meeting. Vacirca hasn't spent much time in town and also doesn't know the issues. Keane claims he will listen to different folks if elected, and he has one really, really good thing going for him. He is NOT A LAWYER!!! :)

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Joseph » Apr Thu 27, 2017 9:03 am

Not attending town meeting, not voting and not speaking up, dishonors our Forefathers and is like spitting on the graves of all of those that gave their lives or limbs and possessions for your freedom and the Constitution of the United States.
You have voluntarily subjected yourself to basically being neutered.

Meanwhile, the Leftists will USE the election process and town meeting TO TAKE AWAY MORE OF YOUR MONEY AND RIGHTS.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?