The City of Marshfield Jetport

Marshfield related issues.
Forum rules
Please Click Here To View Rules ---- To contact the administrator please email admin@southshoreforums.com.
clover
Resident
Resident

Re: The City of Marshfield Jetport

Postby clover » Mar Wed 15, 2017 8:04 pm

The following information is for everyone who would like to read it, except Seahag.

I didn't find these minutes when I went to the Town's website, but this one meeting was out there when I googled for Airport Commission minutes. Now, when I go back to the Town's website, the minutes are there. Strange. Anyway, the moving of the fence is apparently part of a "fence relocation project" and is part of a grant request. Those grants are usually lacking in detail on the agendas, so minutes are helpful.

Now, it's just my opinion, but I think those of us who didn't know about these minutes are now smarter. Too bad Seahag wants to be a dummy her whole life.

http://www.marshfield-ma.gov/sites/mars ... 101816.pdf

MEETING MINUTES - Marshfield Airport Commission
Date of Meeting - Tuesday October 18, 2016
Place - Terminal Building, George Harlow Field

7. CIP/AIP Projects - Chris Willenborg

ASG and George Harlow Field (GHG) Team will be attending the FAA/MassDOT Five Year
Airport Capital Improvement Program (CIP) meeting on Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 10:30
AM. The meeting will take place in the conference room at MassDOT’s offices at the Logan
Office Center. Last month, the GHG Airport Commission reviewed the proposed Five Year CIP.

ASG prepared and submitted the MassDOT grant pre-application forms for the FAA FY 2017
AIP projects to Denise Garcia on Friday, October 14, 2016. The two projects identified on the
pre-applications were the Taxiway A TOFA Fence Relocation Project and Wildlife Hazard
Assessment. Typically, these documents are provided to MassDOT following the annual airport
CIP meeting with FAA and MassDOT, however MassDOT requested these forms prior to this
year’s meeting.

On September 30, 2016, Rich Lasdin of ASG walked the existing fence line at GHG with Airport
Manager David Dinneen. The purpose of the visit was to further evaluate a future airport fence
project that would tie into the existing airport perimeter fence and provide a complete airport
perimeter fence line. The focus areas are located at the ends of Runway 6/24

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Joseph » Mar Wed 15, 2017 11:17 pm

It has been pointed out at Airport Commission meetings that the posted agendas are vague and cryptic.
Just making references to 'AIP' projects is obviously a ploy to not call attention to impacts and keep the public in the dark. And the airport commission is notorious for using evasion and delay tactics - along with 'smoke and mirrors.'

What projects? What activities?

Then you have the President of Shoreline leering at you or taking pictures from the shadows. C-R-E-E-P-Y.

Seems like it would be important to monitor what grants the airport is receiving. FAA grants come with strings attached. A grant could require that the airport continue operating for 20 years -- and it is important to now be planning for CLOSURE of Marshfield airport and the future usage of the property. Planning for conversion to recreational, residential, agricultural and conservation uses should have started already.

Ending the 'sweetheart' deal of leasing town property to a private for-profit corporation that caters to the rich (A crony-capitalism set-up.), needs to happen when the current lease with Shoreline Aviation nears the end. Then, the town can hire and operate - and collect revenues - while phasing in the transition to uses that SERVE THE TOWN AND ITS' RESIDENTS.
Why do so many officials FEAR and kowtow to the Marshfield Airport gang?

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Seahag
Tourist
Tourist

Postby Seahag » Mar Thu 16, 2017 10:05 am

I simply asked you and the others to go to the advertised Airport meeting and ask your questions there, instead of jumping to a conclusion.

I am not going to dignify any more of your remarks and conclusions. We already know that you are the smartest person in the room.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Joseph » Mar Thu 16, 2017 10:37 am

Oh - I get it. I need to check my privilege at the 'door' before entering The Forum.

What is the source of their power? Does it involve some kind of unseemly enterprise? A government entity?

Seahag
Tourist
Tourist

Postby Seahag » Mar Thu 16, 2017 3:08 pm

I wasn't referring to you, Joseph, I was replying to Clover's nasty comments to me a few posts above.
I think the Minutes from the October 2016 Airport meeting spell out pretty plainly what is intended for the fence. I guess they're just getting around to taking that action, and yes, it does seem unreasonable, especially if you live on Woodbine Road.
Maybe one of you will go to the meeting tonight and ask your questions and report back.

clover
Resident
Resident

Postby clover » Mar Thu 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Seahag wrote:Maybe one of you will go to the meeting tonight and ask your questions and report back.

There is no meeting this afternoon/tonight. It has been cancelled. Finding out where the fence is going will have to wait for another day.

It's confusing that there was no plan available for the BOPW works meeting on Monday when the Airport Commission minutes clearly show a plan in the works months ago.

Another thing that's confusing is whether a certain fence placement would have to go to Town Meeting. I guess it depends on how much impact the fence has on the layout. Mass General Law Chapter 82, Section 23 says this:

Section 23. No town way or private way which has been laid out, relocated or altered by the selectmen or road commissioners shall, except as hereinafter provided, be established until such laying out, relocation or alteration, with the boundaries and measurements of the way, is filed in the office of the town clerk and, not less than seven days thereafter, is accepted by the town at a town meeting. This section shall not apply to cities.

Joseph
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Joseph » Mar Sat 18, 2017 10:46 pm

http://www.danspapers.com/2017/03/east- ... -supremes/

People are waking up to the abuse and harm inflicted upon the general public by the despotic FAA and 'airport gangs' around the country.

Return to “Marshfield General Discussion”